Configuring methods To configure cellular modem USR-GPRS232-730, user can use AT commands to configure. There are three methods to send AT commands.
Serial AT command
SMS AT command
Transparent AT command
To configure and test the module, we provide some software:
Setup software: http://www.usriot.com/usr-gm3-setup-software/
Test Software: http://www.usriot.com/usr-tcp-test-v1-3/ 1.1.Serial AT command When module works in network transparent transmission mode, SMS transparent transmission mode or HTTPD Client mode, user can enter serial AT command mode. Then user can send AT commands to module to configure or query the parameters by serial. Setup software is based on this function. Settings will take effect after resetting.
To enter serial AT command mode, steps as follows:
1. Powering up the USR-GPRS232-730, connecting the antenna and serial cable.
2. Sending the “+++” to USR-GPRS232-730 by serial, the USR-GPRS232-730 will return an “a” if it receives “+++” successfully.
3. Sending an “a” to the USR-GPRS232-730 immediately after receiving the “a“. USR-GPRS232-730 will return “+ok” if it receives the “a” successfully.
4. Then you can send AT commands to USR-GPRS232-730. USR-GPRS232-730 will return “+ok” or “+ERR”. Command is right and succeed to configure the USR-GPRS232-730 if it returns “+ok”. Failing to configure the USR-GPRS232-730 if it returns “+ERR”.
5. The settings will take effect after resetting, user can send AT+Z to reset the module. After resetting, USR-GPRS232-730 will work in one of the three work modes(Network transparent transmission mode, SMS transparent transmission mode or HTTPD Client mode).
6. FAQ about serial AT command: http://www.usriot.com/enter-serial-command-mode/ In serial AT command mode, user can send AT command to configure and query parameters and status. Every serial AT command is end by ENTER (in HEX format that should be 0x0D 0x0A). For example, to query the serial port parameters, user should send this command.