Smart home after 20 years of development, one remote control home from smart 1.0 times, 2.0 times to many mobile manipulation, then the interconnection of things in an era, automatic control, expanding its usage scenarios, the overall size of the market also will grow rapidly.
The latest survey results show that IDC home networking, home networking in China over the next five years will maintain rapid and stable growth in 2020, the market size is expected to reach $ 19.4 billion, of which, the family security control, intelligent home appliances, personal health It will become the most important usage scenarios.
Kindi IDC research manager terminal system that, despite the smart home market to maintain rapid and stable growth, but current products and services, is still in the dispersion independent state, did not form a complete home ecosystem. This is mainly due to the smart home eco-driving engine is not yet mature, but it is also the industry chain enterprises in different market opportunities.
According to the preliminary study of the ecology of the smart home, IDC summarizes the smart home opportunities and challenges 3.0 times:
Market opportunities for the development of the smart home industry
- The younger generation of science and technology and the trend of people for a variety of the latest research and development of intelligent home products have a strong desire to purchase and use.
- The new smart home products and cool features introduced products designed to reach people in research and product comparison groups in the process, they attract attention to the product, thereby increasing the chances of product purchased.
- young consumer groups need more categories of smart home products and services in increasingly fragmented life scenarios, such as monitoring and control of their living environment, access control and other home interface.
Therefore, the development of eco-smart home industry in the future will have broad prospects for demand. However, the current experience of smart home products and services did not meet user expectations, did not meet user expectations intelligence needs. The main cause of this phenomenon is due to the driving force of the smart home technology and services is not yet complete.
The technical challenges facing the smart home industry
- Network standards are not uniform, home interoperability barriers.
- The sensor as the perception outside the entrance of the smart home, unable to achieve accurate information capture, and thus can not be effective information transfer.
- The home automation services required to achieve the ultimate goal of artificial intelligence and data analysis. But artificial intelligence technology is still in its infancy, and can not fully cognitive behavior and people’s living habits, and still can not collect diversity data, such as energy consumption, product control habits data.
- Lack of integrated data analysis system platform to integrate and analyze diverse data, no further guidance smart home products automatically adjusted.
Concerted Innovation accelerate the development of smart home 3.0
In order to understand and improve the ecology of the smart home user experience, IDC suggested that the relevant businesses from the user point of view, to build user experiences panorama ecological map, enhanced user insight, simplify user operations and enhance efficiency in the use of smart home. At the same time, companies need to join in the eco-smart home partner, understand their strengths, abilities, scope of services, evaluate it to determine the mechanisms for cooperation. Furthermore, companies should not blindly transition, we must first define their own role in the smart home industry chain. To the extent that manufacturers transition to service providers more difficult, but you can improve product technical support, product improvement for the client monitoring system, to shorten the distance between enterprises and users to effectively provide real-time , end to end service. Finally, establish a standardized platform interface, so partners can quickly docked to simplify information exchange complex ecosystem in the future.