This manual introduces OPENVPN Client function of Industrial 4g LTE Router ( USR-G806 ).
OPENVPN is application layer VPN which bases on Openssl library. It supports bidirectional authentication which bases on certificate, that’s to say client needs to authenticate server and server also needs to authenticate client.
2.1. Enter G806 Web Server
Connect PC to G806 LAN interface or WLAN interface and configure PC into DHCP mode as follow:
Then enter G806 Web Server by entering G806 LAN interface IP address (Default is 192.168.1.1) and login with username and password(Default both are root). User can switch between English/Chinese from top right corner.
2.1. Add OPENVPN interface
After entering Web Server, add OPENVPN interface as follow:
Protocol can be TUN(Route mode) or TAP(Bridge mode). After typing in interface name and choosing protocol, please click ‘Submit’ to add OPENVPN interface.
2.3.3 Configure OPENVPN interface
After adding OPENVPN interface, it will be OPENVPN interface configuration web page.
- Protocol: Can choose TUN(Route mode) or TAP(Bridge mode).
- TCP/UDP Network: Can choose UDP protocol or TCP protocol.
- Port: Listening port of OPENVPN Client.
- Local Interface: Choose wan_wired or wan_4g according to how G806 accesses to network.
- Local Tunnel Address: Server will automatically distribute if user don’t fill it.
- Remote Address: Server IP or domain name.
- Remote Tunnel Address: Server will automatically distribute if user don’t fill it.
After configuring ‘General Setup’ and clicking ‘Save&Apply’, please configure ‘Advanced Settings’: